Public Days at InnoTrans
InnoTrans Public Days
September 22 & 23, 2018; 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Messe Berlin Outdoor Display
South Entrance, located at Jafféstraße,
right next to train station Messe Süd
Admission 3.00 EUR, free for children.
Tickets available at the box offices.
In association with
High tech on the rails
For all railway enthusiasts, whether young or not so young, there is only one place to be at the weekend following the InnoTrans trade fair: the Messe Berlin outdoor and track display area.
This is where you can get really close to the display of rolling stock at the world’s largest trade fair for railway technology, InnoTrans, and see the latest locomotives, carriages, special equipment and complete trains.
DeutscheBahn AG is staging numerous activities in the DB Pavilion and at a number of other sites on the outdoor and track display area.
- Highlight: Come and inspect the new S-Bahn, the BR 484 light rail train for Berlin and Brandenburg.
- DB Regio - train of ideas (Ideenzug): In collaboration with clients some fresh ideas have been developed for the interiors of the commuter trains of the future and these have been installed in a mock-up. Come and test them out.
- Live demonstrations, for example, of removing graffiti from a train, as well as practical training to deal with various situations, and information about career opportunities as a “specialist for protection and safety”.
- And for children there is the country’s largest fully accessible toy train, covering an area of 120m²
- Sunday, 23 September
"Railway Workers’ Day" – visitors can meet the Berlin representatives and other management staff of DB AG and ask them about various railway-related topics relevant to the local region, what is currently available with regard to long-distance and commuter services, environmental protection issues, construction projects and qualified jobs with DB AG.
- Games with exciting prizes and musical entertainment
Visitors can also ride on the steam engine "Emma", and catering is also provided. There will be no play equipment.
We look forward to your visit.